Wednesday, April 05, 2006

It's (un)Official!!

We've won, my Afftonians! Victory is ours! Although the office of Mayor, as some pointed out, is non-existent, I am pleased that about 200 of you have chosen to visit this site and cast your vote of support. With this in mind, I am happy to accept the position you all have helped create as Mayor of Affton. I will continue to post about issues that affect our town and my opinions on various things as they arise. Please bring your issues forth and I promise to bring them to the attention of the powers that be.

While some of our discussions may be folly, there are serious and pressing issues that we residents face. This will be your forum! I will keep you all posted as I infiltrate the ranks of Affton's glad-handers and associations on your behalf. Since there is no lame-duck period, this starts immediately. Thank you again for your support.

5 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am confident that now that Affton is in the right hands, big things will happen. Congrats Mr. Mayor!

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew this was a hoax. I got off my Rascal to vote for you; and it turns out there's no such position. What is wrong with you people. I had hoped there was hope for Afton. Now i'm at a lost for words. I hope you look in that faggot mirror of yours and drool so the seniors youve mislead can laugh at you - the one thats now drooling. Not them anymore.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Mayor of Affton said...

You on the Rascal! Spoken like a true Town Talker! Your Mayor does not support the use of such derogatory terms as "faggot" on this site, so CAN IT or I'll rezone your house into pig farms.

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I've just been turned onto your blog:

Are you aware that County Planning did a plan for Affton in 2002? You can find it here http://www.stlouisco.com/plan/comp-plans/Affton/afftonplan.html

Also, part of the UMSL grant will include a strategic plan for the ACBA, so hopefully they'll get up and running in grand fashion in the years to come. As with most volunteer community organizations, they're only as good as their energy and ideas, and sometimes it takes a little poking and proding to get things moving in the right direction. Hope to see you get involved in the ACBA in the future.

Finally, did you attend the first of the town hall meetings the County put on last week over at Sperreng? I know I saw some of your fellow Afftonites there.

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been reading your site over a bit more, saw in the links that you do have a link to the Affton Plan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home