Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Support of Prop. EJ

As your future mayor, I'd like to remind you to vote for me. While you're at it, my Afftonians, I urge you to vote YES on Proposition EJ. This would provide a small, tiny, tax increase for increased funding of the Community College system. Affton has it's share of unemployment my friends, and drinking Busch beer should NEVER be a full-time occupation.

The Meramec ("The Mac") and Forest Park ("Fo-Po") campuses do more then their fair share of job training at affordable rates! Even the Future Mayor himself has attended from time to time. Now I took a small business class and Cisco Networking classes, but where the hell else are you going to be able to get mad skills in Funeral Directing, Diesel Engines, and Tourism?

I heartily throw my support behind this issue! For those Town Talkers who complain about tax increases, my apologies, but sh*t costs more these days! Can you get a shave and a haircut for two bits? I think not.

2 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will not rest until all Community Colleges in this fair Town have become, in fact, Community Universities.

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the state did it's job we would not be saked to pick up this bill. If it passes what are saying to the state? It's OK to cut education support we will pick up the slack!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home