Wednesday, April 19, 2006

My Other Car Is a Roll-Off Dumpster


The Mayor is recovering from a long Easter holiday of manual labor. I spent the weekend tearing two huge decks off my house in preparation for a new patio design. As a result, I had an "unsightly" 20-yard dumpster in my driveway for about a week. (Similar to photo.) We got a lot of perplexed stares from the neighbors, but nobody complained. Nor should they. I think that such dumpsters should become a status symbol. Nothing says "I'm going to spend a crapload of money improving my home" like a giant trash dumpster in your yard! This is how it's been in the City for the last 8 or 10 years. I know this type of work is not for everyone, but with all the refinancing going on lately, can't we make an effort? As Mayor, I advise you to NOT take an expensive vacation with that equity! Invest in your homes and make everyday your vacation!

2 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Container Rental said...

Make everyday your vacation, the words of a wise man. Learn to enjoy your necessities and not your wants.

-Land Source Container Service, Inc.

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Marvin said...

This blog is pretty hilarious. I love the little jokes sprinkled in. But I especially like how you twisted the perception of having a dumpster as a status symbol. I'm sure dumpster rental companies loves it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home