Friday, September 01, 2006

BREAKING NEWS: Cor Jesu Land Deal Goes Sour

So much for the power of prayer!

I have not got much information to share just yet, but I'm hearing reports that the 99 year land-lease deal orchestrated by former principal of Cor Jesu, Sr. Shiela, has fallen apart. The deal would have given the school 4 acres for expansion from the developers of the controversial Villages At Grant's View development on Gravois.

As you heard here first, the deal hinged on the fact that the developers would provide a signal at the entrance to the school. MoDot is strongly opposed to this idea as it would impede traffic flow significantly as it is too close to the signal at McNary Rd. This fact did not prevent Sr. Shiela from making a deal with the developers. My guess is that they cannot uphold their end of the bargain if MoDot prohibits construction of the light.

More as I am made aware.....

1 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay I know this was from a while ago, but I just want to inform you that the power of prayer DID work and that Cor Jesu really DID get the land. The celebration was today 5/28/08. So there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home