Thursday, November 09, 2006

Time For Action!

Folks, this is why it all started...The Mayor's Office...I...er, well truth be told, it was started as a funny joke, then a mock campaign....but involvement! INVOLVEMENT!! Civic engagement!! Being able to make a difference!! Now I've never asked you for anything, but I continue to give and post things for you, the Afftonians. I'm calling in the favor. Just passed to me from Beth in the County office: This invitation for you to participate in creating the next evolution of Affton's history.

Affton Community Betterment Association is Hosting a Community Forum
When: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 At 7:00 PM *Refreshments will be served. *
Who: All Affton Residents
Where: Affton High School Cafeteria 8309 Mackenzie Road
Why:
Ø Hear ACBA’s plans for action
Ø Find Out What is Going on in Affton
Ø Discover How You Can Get Involved

Bring questions, your urban planning hat, and I'll see you there.

2 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear Affton is getting $2 million in HUD money for community development.

Is there any truth to the rumor?

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Mayor of Affton said...

It's a $200,000 grant and it's in full swing. The program is run by UMSL. One of my first posts covered this. It's great stuff for the area and was rolled out to the public last night. I'll cover it shortly in a new topic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home