Sunday, March 18, 2007

Mayor Goes Green: Abandons Crappy Car


Friends, inspired the Mayor was at the sight of Al Gore and Melissa Ethridge accepting Oscars a few weeks ago. After much thought, I have decided that it's time to do my part. As of tomorrow I will no longer be driving my car to commute to work. I will be opting for Metrolink.

While this has been brewing in my brain for quite a while, the recent success of An Inconvenient Truth, the rising price of gas and continued shame about my 1996 Nissan Altima with three hubcaps (obtained by marriage to the First Lady) has finally driven me to the brink.

While celebrating the St. Pat's holiday with the First Lady and the kids, I found myself talked into partaking in the run/walk downtown along Market Street. I realized that I was enjoying myself even though the temperature was in the low 40's.

Truthfully, Metrolink has only offered me one bad experience, but hey it was Mardi Gras. Watch this spot as I tell you of money saved, pounds shed and productivity gained as I ride the rails!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home